In a coaching culture, it is possible to :
- SHARE POWER : coaching increases individual capacity this improving the collective capacity of the system
- EMBRACE CHANGE : Change is not feared but welcomed because the organization has established protocols for managing change. There is a shared awareness that people respond to change differently ans so unique perspectives are honored.
- COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY : No toxic communication patterns are tolerated such as blaming, defensiveness, judgement. Instead feedback, feedforward, opens, trust, curiosity and vulnerability are promoted and developed.
- CELEBRATE DIVERSITY : People actively seek out diverse ideas, perspectives and experiences. They share control and trust others to deliver, even though the may operate differently from themselves.
- LEARN FROM MISTAKES : Partners are co-responsible for each other’s success and failure and hold one another accountable. Everyone recognizes the value of sharing information even when an error occurs. Critical and courageous conversations create a knowledge pool that benefits to all.
- INSPIRE OPTIMISM : There is a shared optimism for the future. There are well-defined and shared values that inspire a pleasant atmosphere in the work place and positive relationships and actions.
- MANAGE CONFLICTS : Embracing conflict is a strategy to manage change constructively. How we interact while change is happening is more important than the change itself.
- CARE FOR LIFE BALANCE AND WELL BEING
- SEEK CLARITY
- HEAR ALL THE VOICES IN THE SYSTEM
What other ingredients would you consider as key in your coaching culture?